Here it is...the questionairre that one lucky reader has been waiting for...my SP5 answers!!!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
i am a snob. i love luxe fibers. but i'm also fond of nice simple cottons and wools. i don't mind nylon or acrylic in a mix.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
no but my goal is to learn both. I just bought myself a crochet book.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Not sure if it’s a real allergy, but the smell of cigarette smoke makes me sneeze. Also, slightly bothered by really strong florals.
4. How long have you been knitting?
steadily for about 4 or 5 years i guess.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes – amazon, listed under my email address
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love grapefruit and anise scents. Also most fruity scents and earthy, musky scents
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
yes. For Swedish fish, and canollis. I also loooove good chocolate.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I figured I’d list other interests, even non-crafty ones…gardening, cooking, photography, reading, remodeling my house, working out, scrapbooking, drinking wine, shoe shopping, playing with my dogs, bossing my husband around...
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
my musical tastes are all over the place. I love finding more obscure bands that aren’t on the radio constantly. Rock, punk, ska, blues, French lounge…you’ll find a little of everything in my extensive cd collection. Mp3’s are fine.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
i love purples and greens. i'm also drawn to muted, zen-y shades and deep, sexy reds and oranges. I’m not a fan of the primaries (especially yellow) or pastels.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
1 husband, 2 dogs, 1 cat
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I love to travel. I hope to do lots more of it. I want to become fluent in a second language. (je parle un peu le francais)
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
alpaca, soft yarns that feel nice next to your skin
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Plain acrylics bore me. Novelty yarns have their place, but I rarely find good use for them.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Hats. They make me feel accomplished. My sisters get hats for every xmas now
17. What are you knitting right now?
A sweater, 2 scarves
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I’ve always been a fan of ponchos and have worn vintage ones consistently over the years. I’m a little bummed that they are EVERYWHERE now, but I still find them convenient and flattering. They will always have a place in my heart and my closet
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I use both, just depends on the project
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
bamboo, followed by alum, then plastic in last place
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Not so much
22. How did you learn to knit?
my gram when i was little, then a friend gave me a refresher a few years back
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
over three years. i'm bored with it.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I’m not sure how to answer this. I like fish and monkeys. But as far as animated characters…ummm…Melissa from Home Movies? That's sort of obscure. I'm a little bit obsessed with Blythe right now.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
vintage hats. I used to collect all sorts of vintage clothing. Now I only keep what I wear and I’ve scaled my collectibles down to hats. Now that I’m thinking of it, I have lots of hats, not just vintage.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave, but I pick up vogue pretty regularly
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Loop d loop
Kim Hargreaves – winter blooms